Iceland is a beautiful country, with vast expanses of wilderness and breathtaking scenery. It truly is a once in a lifetime adventure, and once you have been to Iceland, no other trip will quite ever measure up. private boat cruise melbourne Here are some things you absolutely need to see when you are there.
• Blue Lagoon: This is the most photographed sight in the country; clear blue-green water, temperatures of over 40 degrees Celsius and healing qualities make this one of the most popular attractions.
• Geysers: The Stokkur geyser erupts every 15 to 20 minutes with amazing predictability. It reaches a height of about 20 metres.
• Westmann Islands: Take a guided tour to see the abundance of wildlife and breathtaking scenery.
• Lake Myvatn Conservation Area: In this one spot alone, you can see bubbling mud flats, volcanic craters, lava fields and the bluest lake you can ever imagine. The most powerful waterfall in Europe can also be found here, known as the “Waterfall of the gods.”
• Thingvellir National Park: This is one of the most historic spots of Iceland, as their parliament was formed here in 930. Truly paradise on earth, with rolling meadows, nature trails and several lakes.
• Glaciers: The Snaefellsjokull glacier is the most famous, with lava caves, hot springs, and waterfalls.
Iceland is rich with history and culture and offers some of the most breathtaking views on earth. Much of it has been untouched and undeveloped by human hands. The people are known as some of the friendliest in the world.
Walking, driving and tour buses are not the only ways to sightsee in this country; if you are adventurous you can also snorkel, scuba-dive and skydive to see the expanse of greenery, glaciers and wildlife.
Make sure you dress for the weather when you go; though they do have four seasons, summer can still be chilly, especially at night. Winter trips will require the regular winter gear of boots, hats, coats, sweaters and gloves. Check the forecast before you go so you know what you should pack. If you have not travelled in a few years, you should know that rules have changed dramatically, especially if you are going by plane. You will be extremely limited as to what you can take on board with you, and what luggage you can check in. Also, make sure you have purchased enough health insurance and travel insurance coverage. No one likes to think about things going wrong, but you need peace of mind knowing you and your family are protected in the event of a tragedy. Your travel agent should be able to help you get the coverage you need.
Don’t forget your camera; you will want to take lots of pictures. You may want to bring extra memory cards with you. It would be a calamity to have to limit the number of pictures you can take. You may also want to bring a journal, so you can write your experiences as well. These memories can be put in an album with your pictures so you will have them forever.